Thursday, November 13, 2014

Sorry and mini-reviews

Hello!
Yada, yada, yada, sorry, I know and we are most certainly getting back together.
I wrote a whole code today. I'm tired.

SO mini reviews and hating yay!
(WARNING:NEVER GET TUMBLR IT RUINS YOUR LIFE)
So today I'm doing some good ol' fashioned hating on bad books.

I begin with a book that has 37% 5* reviews on Goodreads (which is more than Quidditch Through the Ages) but actually hurts to read./ I know. The only thing more awful is not getting Taylor tickets (which I have).
Crossroads (Crossroads Saga, #1)Crossroads, by Mary Ting
(Le footnote: This book was an accident. Well it must have been born on the motorway, because that is where most accidents happen)
1* rating
When authors put their book on the Kindle store, that means that it is ready for people to read. 
Even in the first few chapters of this, the prose was hardly prose, it was stunted and awful. There were no settings described. I have no idea what the majority of the characters look like- aside, of course, from Michael, who's your average run-of-the-bad-novel 'hot' guy. He is accompanied into star-cross-dom by Claudia- the one who is all like 'ew I'm not pretty! Shut up!', when in fact she is gorgeous etc. etc. 
See where I'm going?
Yeah, me too.
I don't know if I am the right age for this. I'm a young adult (13, but reading age 16) but incredibly discerning. Even then, other girls I know tried to read this and gets it, so it isn't just me.

Twilight (Twilight, #1)
Twilight, Stephanie Meyer (who I blame for everything bad in life.)
Rating 1*
Why, oh why did I expose my tweenage self to this? Only now, four years on, do I feel recovered enough (my sister read it two years ago and is not okay).
Bella 'ew I'm ugly' Swan adn Edward 'I'm so typically hot, but I have a tortured past that is supposed to give me another dimension' fall in love. Cue Edward's 'I can't be with you I would ruin your life' and Bella's 'ew I'm ugly'  adn you have a lovely love story that is responsible for the decline of the supernatural genre.
Good points: None
Bad points: It would take me 498 pages (oh wait, that's the length of the book!)




And with that, my lovelies, I leave you.
The Book Fridge
Spoiler alert: I have no idea when I will post next!1989 rocks, etc etc.I HAVE A NEW BLOG AND IT'S HERE! 
As ever, Google stalk me HERE, email me HERE and comment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment